Want to join our team and let the world know about the latest Linux and Open-Source news? You have the opportunity now.
Job title: Tech journalist
This is primarily a part-time, remote job. You get paid for the articles you write based on the number of words it contains. We don’t have a better parameter to determine the payout.
The payout will be discussed via email and it would depend on your experience, skills and the country you live in. We cannot promise that it will earn you a livelihood but it can surely help you buy some additional gadgets, streaming subscriptions or those extra pints of beer at your favorite pub.
- New age tech Journalist with focus on mobile-first journalism
- Keen interest in everything tech and passion for Linux and open source
- Good writing & editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone & voice of our brand
- Ability to identify a developing story (from Linux project websites and forums) and cover it timely
- Knowledge of basic graphic creation tools like Canva is a plus
Apply if you:
- have knowledge of (desktop) Linux and keep yourself updated with Linux and open source related news
- have good command over the English language
- are familiar with WordPress
- can quickly write news in your own words with insights wherever required and possible
- can write your opinion on things that matter to Linux users
- can contribute 4 articles a week, consistently
How to apply:
Needless to say that the content have to be original. We don’t tolerate copy-paste articles in any form.
If you have already written for other websites or your own website, please provide URLs of your published work. If not, you may require to submit a sample article of 300 words (will be discussed).
You can show your interest in writing for It’s FOSS News by sending an email to email@example.com with “Application for tech journalist” as the subject of the mail.
Do bear in mind that this is not an opportunity for guest post and link building activity. No such entries will be entertained.